Friday, August 21, 2009

Recipe Shower


One of my favorite Bridal Shower themes is Recipe or Kitchen Showers. And lucky for me, I'm attending one tomorrow!! I am currently trying to choose a recipe to share with the Bride, current front runners include, homemade salad dressing, Chocolate Wacky Cake (no eggs or butter --WWII recipe), or my famous pasta salad. Feel free to vote below!



I love this shower idea because, #1 it's interactive. It allows guests to contribute a free gift to the couple!! Who doesn't love to give something significant without spending money? #2 The Bride (and potentially the Groom) gain a recipe for something new! And who doesn't love good food? #3 It makes my decision about what gift to buy lots and lots easier! Because I can be a super nerd and buy something off the registry that they could use to make my dish. Such as a salad bowl and dressing shaker; cake pan and mixing bowl; large kettle and produce knife. Can we tell I love a themed gift?

I will report in about the shower on Sunday, and which recipe wins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment