Monday, January 10, 2011

My Dry Cleaning Bill

I'm pretty sure my Drycleaner thinks I'm a high class hooker. I've been carting in evening gowns and cocktail dresses in small groups for weeks. I've been rotating them through in groups of 2 or 3 in an attempt to space out the cash. Last week I picked up 3 dresses, a skirt, and a sweater for $50.25. This week I'll pick up 2 dresses and a sweater, I imagine for over $30.00. Trying to get all these dresses I've worn recently cleaned to be put away or others ready to be worn again is expensive! Many of the dresses are ones I have worn to weddings in the past and plan to wear in the future for weddings or related events. One I'll be wearing the the Black Tie Bachelorette this Saturday,  and I wore it to my cousins civil ceremony this past fall. Every time I take a few things in, there are still more left behind. For example, I still have one summer bridesmaid dress that needs cleaning and mending - I ripped a strap reaching for the bouquet, hahaha. Does anyone know any less expensive alternatives to drycleaning for evening wear? I don't trust Dryel for things other then sweaters and dress pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment