Sunday, May 2, 2010

What's a Showerette?

Ahh, yet another trip to Target for invites. I just can't get enough! The price is right and the selection is lovely. This time I decided to pick up these pink cardstock sheets. Each one was blank, aside from the word "PARTY!" in a gold foil on the side. The accompanying envelopes even had gold foil lining, LOVE. I decided to try using my computer this time. My handwriting is ok, but it does take longer and certainly more care to hand write invites which I learned here and here.


So using Word and a laser printer, I created the invites for another friend's Showerette to take place in June. What's a showerette you say? I have to give credit for this term to my partner in crime (and planning), Bdette. Because this Bride's guests are all over the U.S. she had 2 family showers in PA and OR, and we are responsible for the friends' shower in DC. Our college friends are also spread out, so it didn't make sense to have a Shower one week and then a Bachelorette weeks later. We decided to combine things, and Bdette started calling it a Showerette. Isn't she clever? I certainly think so. So we're having a Linen and Lace theme and guests can give traditional shower gifts (linen) or sexy lingerie gifts (lace).

If you would like to make invites this way, make sure you set your printer to Cardstock and Manual Feed. Be careful as you feed each sheet into the Printer, if you push it crooked, it prints crooked (like duh). It's also good to buy a few extra invites, I bought 30 and produced 26 acceptable invites.

I will update after the party with some pics. We have all kinds of fun decorations planned. I promise to get carried away with this theme, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment