Sunday, June 20, 2010

Linen and Lace

A little while back I blogged about the Showerette I was throwing for my college best friend, and last night was the party. We had a fantastic time!!! Bdette and I, who are co-MOH's in this wedding, transformed her apartment into a lacy bachelorette pad fit for a Queen. One of our favorite decorations used were paper doilies I picked up at Michael's Crafts for $4. I made a wreath to decorate the door using small round doilies taped to the door, and then I threaded a light blue ribbon through them to make a circle.
And Bdette had the great idea to sew them together to make a sort of banner across the windows. If you had told me a week ago I would be sewing something again after the veil and sash I made last month, I would have laughed. I could probably use sewing lessons, ha! But this was actually easy, I just threaded white string through the holes in the large square doilies.

Because we invited guests to give a linen or lace gift we wanted to display the lingerie gifts. We used a white satin ribbon and made a clothesline. We tied the bras, panties and nightgowns to the clothesline with tiny pieces of blue ribbon. It looked really cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment